Featured Posts

CutePhone v1.7CutePhone v1.7 CutePhone by CuteSoft - for Symbian^3, Anna and Belle   Execute common actions on your phone by drawing gestures. To execute an action: 1. Starting from the toolbar area at the bottom of...

Readmore

CuteAccess v1.2CuteAccess v1.2 CuteAccess by CuteSoft Quickly access common actions when the screen is locked by pressing the camera key. You can execute up to 6 actions by pressing the camera key 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 or 6 times while...

Readmore

CIA - Caller ID App v2.07(3)CIA - Caller ID App v2.07(3) CIA - Caller ID App by adaffix CIA -Caller Identification APP™ is the world's most popular caller-id app including call blocker, contacts backup, update contacts, social results. With CIA you can...

Readmore

Tweetian for SymbianTweetian for Symbian Tweetian for Symbian by Dickson  for S ^3 Tweetian comes with a simple, native and amazing easy-to-use UI, combined with lot of features to provide you an amazing user experience for accessing...

Readmore

mChat - Free Facebook Chat v1.01(2)mChat - Free Facebook Chat v1.01(2) mChat - Free Facebook Chat by mChat mChat is a free Facebook chat app for mobile. It’s a better way to talk with friends on Facebook, whether they’re on Facebook chat or mChat. Login using Facebook...

Readmore

How to Change Font on S60v5 mobile phone

Posted on : 18-05-2010 | By : admin | In : Applications S60v5, S^3

194

If you have favorite font and want to use it on your mobile, now you will find out how to do it!

You must rename fonts in this way:  s60snr.ttf, s60ssb.ttf, s60tsb.ttf and S60ZDIGI.ttf.

Connect your mobile phone to PC via USB and choose Mass Storage mode.

Find folder Resource, and in it folder Fonts. If Fonts doesn’t exist, create it. Then copy those 4 files into Fonts folder. Restart your phone and enjoy!

for download click on the image of font

If in your Fonts folder are files with different names then those .ttf above, rename fonts exactly the same as what u have in Fonts (some have this files: s60sc_c.ttf, s60tchk_c.ttf, s60zdigi.ttf).

More fonts you can find on our Forum.

If you want to make those ttf files by yourself for font you like, then find on PC where are Fonts (TrueType). On Win XP; Win 7 – Control Panel – Fonts. Choose font you like and copy it to desktop or in some folder. Then copy paste the same font 3 times. You must have 4 copies of this font. Then rename those copies in s60snr.ttf, s60ssb.ttf, s60tsb.ttf and S60ZDIGI.ttf.

Just check if in your Fonts folder are files with different names then those .ttf above; if yes then rename fonts exactly the same as what u have in Fonts.

Video on YouTube – How to change font

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Comments (194)

wil it work 4 nokia 5233?

admin Reply:

you can read in comments, for some guys it’s working and for some apparently not.
You should try

JJ Reply:

Sure dude, i’m using it. but dnt apply the extension off “.ttf”.

[Reply]

hi sir, i have installed pc font to my nokia5233 verithing is fine..but now i cant see the web pages in hindi just the boxes there help me please….. can i install 2 or 3 fonts to my mobile? i have installed hindi in dictionary from nokia but only can see boxes there.

admin Reply:

If you want more fonts in your phone you have to make more folder Fonts (Fonts1, 2..) and then when you want another font just rename this folder into Fonts( and previous folder Fonts delete or rename in something else). About hindi, you have to find font which supports hindi characters

Subhashree sethy Reply:

Gud day..Hello!Sir can i change the font style on nokia 5233.

[Reply]

i mean i want english font on my mobile but web pages i visit are in hindi. And “font which support hindi char” means both english and hindi>>

crash009 Reply:

And sir when i used flipfont app then there were no problems but then i cant use my pc fonts

Hi. I want arabic font. Where can I get it? please help me

admin Reply:

Download from the web or PC if you have such font…I’ve downloaded some arabic font from the web, I don’t know if it will work…you can try – abasan2 font

[Reply]

sir does it work on nokia 5235?

admin Reply:

you should try and see…some tells it works, for some not

Tricia Philippines Reply:

sir..mine is 5235… sit i tried it soooo mant times..it doesn’t work..please help me..

Tricia Philippines Reply:

sir there really2x no changes.. my model is nokia 5235..

Tricia Philippines Reply:

I followed the steps correctly, then why it still remains on its default font???

Tricia Philippines Reply:

sir, how can i restart my phone? i should go to the settings and restore all defaults? or just shut my phone down and then press it on? sir please, i have been doing these for 3 days and still no good results. please reply ASAP. :( i already followed the steps and still, nothing changes.

admin Reply:

for restart – shut down and then power on.
try to rename fonts in this way – s60sc_c.ttf, s60tchk_c.ttf, s60zdigi.ttf

Tricia Philippines Reply:

sir, only 3 files? u said we should have 4 copies in it.. wher’s the other one? my model is 5235,not 5233 or 5230.

Tricia Philippines Reply:

sir its my first time here..please help me. :(

Tricia Philippines Reply:

sir, do i need to copy also the ‘.ttf’ ?, because on the video that u made u didn’t included the .tff?

Tricia Philippines Reply:

sir it work ! thanks for that other .ttf file !!! thank u sooooo much !!! :)

happy to hear :)

Hello,
i have been very happy to see the fonts change on my nokia x6 16 Gb, by following all the steps from this post. i even posted before, and for this i am very thankful to u..
:-)

Now i got a new nokia C7. I followed the steps (steps given for nokia C6, since both C6 and C7 run on symbian^3) of creating 4 files by different names and storing them in Resource>Fonts…. and it was working gr8..!

Now i got my firmware updated from Symbian^3 to Symbian Anna, and it seems that it does not support different fonts other than the default one…

Please help me brother… i want to see different fonts on my Nokia C7 anna…
Thanx..
:-)

admin Reply:

I found this tutorial…for some guys after that Ovi store and Qt apps doesn’t work.

1. Go to Ovi Store and download the latest X-Plore and Lite – Font Zoomer (the free one, not the paid one).
Make sure you got FontZoomer Lite version 2.30 as this is the one that supports the Symbian Anna devices.
2. Download Nokia Pure Font from bit.ly/purefont. It contains the mobile specific glyphs too so you won’t see any “boxes” in here.
It even contains the symbols for the Silent and General profiles (the musical note symbols).
3. Copy the Nokia Pure.ttf file from the archive to your phone by Bluetooth.
Make sure to place it somewhere you can find it easily. The root folder is okay.
4. Now open Font Zoomer and change the font to anything (either Antykwa or Thyromanes will do).
Set the Font Size and Space to the smallest possible for the Lite version as I find this will give the best result.
You can’t set the Font Size all the way down, I think you can only decrease it by two clicks of the slider but that will be enough.
5. Apply the new settings and close Font Zoomer. DO NOT RESTART YOUR PHONE YET!
6. Open X-Plore, go to Menu > Tools > Configuration. Enable Show Hidden files, ROM drives, RAM drives and system files/folders.
7. You will then be able to navigate to C:\FontZoomer. There will be a font_temp.ttf file here.
Delete this file and then copy the font you wanted to use to this folder. Rename it to font_temp.ttf.
So if I wanted to use the Nokia Pure font, I will copy Nokia Pure.ttf here and rename it to font_temp.ttf.
8. Navigate to C:\FontZoomer\fonts and delete font.ttf if it exists.
Delete this file and then copy the font you wanted to use to this folder. Rename it to font.ttf.
So if I wanted to use the Nokia Pure font, I will copy Nokia Pure.ttf here and rename it to font.ttf.
(This step is usually not needed but do it anyway as a precaution and to ensure smooth operation).
9. Check again that everything is okay. Here’s the checklist:
– There is a font_temp.ttf in C:\FontZoomer and a font.ttf in C:\FontZoomer\fonts
– Ensure both files are identical to one another (easiest way to check: both must have same file size)
– Ensure both files are identical the font file you wanted to use (i.e. check against the Nokia Pure.ttf size)
10. Restart your phone and you’re done!

I hope it will work.

Jojo Reply:

Thanks a ton bro…!
:-) :-) :-)

i have fully understood what to do now from this tutorial…., but after that Ovi Store wont work?

admin Reply:

I have read that this problem with Ovi Store is resolved and it’s working now

[Reply]

hi…..i have a 5230 and is not working……i read some messages from tricia,and i think i got the same problem……can u tell me pls how can i name the other font file,because i saw only 3……thank you very much…….

just put that 3 ttf file – s60sc_c.ttf, s60tchk_c.ttf, s60zdigi.ttf

cristi Reply:

not working man……..

cristi Reply:

ok….i make it work……thanks for the tutorial man……..is great to know people like you!!!!!!…anyway….it was the folders name….fonts with F,and resource with R……….thank you mega much!!!!!!!!!!!!

[Reply]

hello…im not able to change my font in my nokia 5230…:( earlier the font used to change as required.. i updated my phone’s software to version 50.. now its not working.. pls tell me an alternative way to change the font on my 5230..Pls… i tried both ways given above…

you tried this files!?
s60sc_c.ttf, s60tchk_c.ttf, s60zdigi.ttf

Chandan Bhat Reply:

yes… still not working..:(

Chandan Bhat Reply:

hey… i tried this format from your earlier suggestion…..
s60snr.ttf
s60ssb.ttf
s60tsb.ttf
S60ZDIGI.ttf
S60SC_C.ttf
S60TCHK_C.ttf
this format works….:)

[Reply]

Jb hum Yeh fonT insTaLL KrenGE Toh kYa iska effeCT CeLLPhone par hi padeGa Yaa har JaGah jaise k huM Kisi chaTRuM Main chaT kr rahe hn Toh wahan bHi hamare foNT ChanGE HonGE KYa,PLZ REPLY :)

very funny :)
I would if I understood!

Chandan Bhat Reply:

yes.. the font changes everywhere..:)

ops srY i ThouGHT You know Hindi LanGauGE :C

[Reply]

I got my c7 woking (only reading Japanese text – in messages) I had to install Font zoom and buy it. the tutorial above doesn’t apply anymore because zoom lite automatically restarts the phone and you cannot change the files that are written with x plore because they are all locked. Anyways does anyone know how I can get Jap input for messages as well?? any help would be appreciated – cheers

[Reply]

sir, it is not working for nokia n8. i tried all of our option but still not working…………..

[Reply]

Sir,I’m using Nokia 5233 & do all the steps you’ve told before.. But I can’t understand that how to change the fonts in my mobile ?? Where is the option ?? I’ve copied all the files but now can’t activate it in my mobile..
Please help me..
I’m extremely looking for your help..

admin Reply:

there is no option for activate new font…if you done all steps successfully, then font will change automatically.

kenneth Reply:

sir! i cant change my fonts in my nokia 5233. i did all the steps u told before

rename fonts in that way – s60sc_c.ttf, s60tchk_c.ttf, s60zdigi.ttf

Sir i want to change my skin nokia5233 Into c6 then what we do

[Reply]

it didn’t work on my N97 :( I tried a lot of time but still the font won’t change. i’m very sure i didn’t missed any steps above. so help me. need it very much. thanks :s

admin Reply:

it has to work…read the comments, rename fonts as it said…it’s few different ways

Jagked! Reply:

Yeah, same here. Dont know what to do. Oh fyi, im using N97 too. and it didnt work out. What to dooo?:(

[Reply]

it does work but only in opera mini the font change. the rest are all in original font. any idea what’s going on here? :s

Dear Sir
I am using nokia E7-00 model in these i cant change the font i have gone through the above procedure but still cant change the font so please help me to change the font

admin Reply:

did you try to rename font in nosnr60.ttf, nssb60.ttf, nstsb60.ttf, S60ZDIGI.ttf!?
and copy this files on mem card, in folder Resource/Fonts

if this doesn’t work then try this:
make 14 copies of the font and rename them to:
S60ZDIGI.ttf
times.ttf
timesbd.ttf
verdana.ttf
verdanab.ttf

[Reply]

I did it on my C6-01 and IT WORKS!!!
I dowloaded heiseigoths60.ttf from:
then via USB PC MassStorage copied it into newly created “Fonts” file, copied this single file 4 times, renamed as mentioned… and finally I can see Kanji, hiragana & katakana :D
Unfortunatelly I am missing some latin letters, but only those with accents or ‘tales’, so it’s a reasonable price for finally reading Nihongo :)

THANKS ITS REALLY WORK
I CAN CHANGE FONTS AS I LIKE!!!
REAALLY U R GREAT!!!

brother this it no work

my fon nokia 5230 and it not working, i’ve been trying since pls help me

rename fonts in this way – s60sc_c.ttf, s60tchk_c.ttf, s60zdigi.ttf

[Reply]

He!Thats great yaar Its really Good Work.
Thanks Dude……..

[Reply]

Dude!It worked on my Nokia 5230 but this font makes text a little difficult to read in my web browser.I want to restore back to original,so do I have delete fonts folder by connecting it to pc because xplore isn’t deleting it there.can i disable this for web browser or else if u have any other font I can use.

admin Reply:

If you want your default font back, just delete or rename folder Fonts and restart phone!…you can delete connecting with PC.
More fonts you can find on Forum…or download font that you like from the web, make copies and rename as it says in post.

[Reply]

It’s Doesn’t work on my nokia 5230. tried all procedure but it still the same font.

[Reply]

hey i put the file names u hav given at the begning of the website on my nokia 5233 but i coul only c the changes in the font while typing the message n not anywhere else ….please help me!!!:(:(

rename fonts in this way– s60sc_c.ttf, s60tchk_c.ttf, s60zdigi.ttf

[Reply]

it’s working on my x6 n n82…tq.. :)

[Reply]

It doesn’t work on my nokia 5233 .. i foLLowed what you had posted ..
is there any other way to make it work ?
thanks ..
pLease repLy ..

[Reply]

hey sir i m using nokia 5230 and i cant change the by using above rules…………

please help me….

rename fonts in this way – s60sc_c.ttf, s60tchk_c.ttf, s60zdigi.ttf

[Reply]

i juz follow the instruction but nothing happens.what should i do?Thanks

belle Reply:

im using N8 please help..thanks

admin Reply:

please, go through comments..maybe you’ll find the solution

belle Reply:

is this compatible with n8?Thanks

[Reply]

I was successful using this method. I used CYNTHE font. Now i wanna use HAPPY fonts.
I am unable to delete FONTS folder or neither able to replace those 4 font .ttf font styles with other. It says “Yo don not have permission”.

admin Reply:

did you connect your phone with PC using USB cable and choose Mass Storage mode!?

Satz Reply:

Unfortunately i am using media transfer mode for a while since Mass storage stopped functioning in my PC.

Satz Reply:

Hey Thank You Anyway. Installed Nokia Suite, Now everything functions flawless..

[Reply]

hello Sir, i need to ask you.
i’m using nokia 5233 and i’ve tried your advice but it still didn’t work.
i’ve tried these formats :
s60snr.ttf
s60ssb.ttf
s60tsb.ttf
S60ZDIGI.ttf
S60SC_C.ttf
S60TCHK_C.ttf

when disconnecting my phone, sometimes it got turned off even before i restarted it.
could you please give me another alternative to do?
thanks so much beforehand :D

admin Reply:

try to rename and copy just this 3 fonts – s60sc_c.ttf, s60tchk_c.ttf, s60zdigi.ttf

[Reply]

hw to select other fonts after done all dat steps..n only 1 font is supporting..wat abt others fonts..plzz help

admin Reply:

If you want more fonts in your phone you have to make more folder Fonts (Fonts1, 2..) and then when you want another font just rename this folder into Fonts (and previous folder Fonts delete or rename in something else).

[Reply]

try FontRouterMan to change font in nokia s60 phones , enjoy it :)

Write a comment

Social Widgets powered by AB-WebLog.com.